Every Amazon seller knows very well how important a positive review is to sales.
So some sellers try to manipulate reviews to avoid negative reviews. And Amazon is also strictly cracking down on this behavior, so it is best for everyone not to do this.
The impact of fake reviews on sellers in Amazon.
Many sellers think that fake reviews are just fake negative reviews. Actually, fake reviews include negative reviews and good reviews. As long as it is not the evaluation of real shoppers, it is a fake review.
How fake reviews affect the sellers:
1. Fake good reviews – positive reviews
Fake positive reviews provide misleading information about a specific product listing.
The purpose of this comments is to guide potential buyers to purchase their products. Once the buyer gets the unqualified product based on this positive comments, he will lose confidence in the product.
But if you are smart enough, you can identify such reviews.
They have the following characteristics:
(1) The review is too short. Conversely, real reviews usually provide a few comments about the product.
(2) Use positive emotional language (such as Amazing, Great or something like that). Although positive emotional language can also be used for real comments, it often appears in fake positive comments (fake good reviews).
(3) You can check any previous reviews of the reviewer. It would be suspicious if his first review was made in 2012, his second review was 2018 or the comments he made are all five-star reviews or the contents are roughly the same.
(4) The reviewer made a large number of comments in a relatively short period of time, which may be fraudulent.
2. Fake bad reviews – negative reviews
Unlike fake good reviews, fake bad reviews have only one purpose, destroying the reputation of other sellers’ products. This is very common if both parties sell the same items or some similar items.
The process of identifying fake negative reviews is very similar to that of fake positive reviews. The only difference is that the emotional language used in this case is negative. In many cases, these comments sound a bit exaggerated, which may be a strong signal that they might be faked.
Another way to determine the authenticity of a review is to identify the buyer. Fake reviews are made by Non-Verified Purchase buyers.
This means they didn’t have the right to review on products they didn’t buy.
Buyers with the Verified Purchase
Buyers without the Verified Purchase
How to report fake reviews on amazon.
Screenshot of Report abuse:
Or write a complaint directly to： firstname.lastname@example.org
(you must use the registered email address when you register your account)
Make the following points clear when sending emails:
1. Your store information (store name, registered email address).
2. Review link and corresponding Asin.
3. State your reason for deleting the review.
The first thing you have to do is to prove that the review is actually fake. Find the review first and get the necessary screenshots. These screenshots should be used to help you highlight your statement. When presented to Amazon, they will serve as evidence.
After getting enough screenshots, the next step is to write a summary about the screenshots. Try to include only important details and point out statements.
What happens after you report violations?
All you have to do is wait patiently for Amazon to take action.
Amazon won’t reply to your email. At most, it replies that it has received your email. Amazon won’t tell you what the outcome is. In general, Amazon will take action within 7-30 days. If the bad review has not been deleted within one month, it is estimated that the evidence provided is insufficient, or the evidence is retained. (Once Amazon receives more complaint about the reviewers, you will have a chance to delete the reviews later).
Amazon has recently taken any case involving fake reviews as one of its top priorities. This means that it is easy for sellers to complain about such cases in the future, so everyone should have confidence in themselves!