Amazon’s system includes five separate fields for search terms.It limits the length of the Search Terms attribute to less than 250 bytes.
Here are suggestions for optimizing your Search Terms:
1. You can obtain heat, ranking and change trend of the products by some software. The setting can also track the traffic words of the competitive products, and absorb the essence, with high efficiency.
2. Use automatic advertising to obtain some officially recommended keywords.
3. The relatively-labored original method is to obtain highly-correlated search keywords or long-tail keywords through pulling down the search box. After such operation is conducted according to various key keywords, you can obtain a lot of correlated keywords and then fill them into the search term.
- Stay under length limit.
- Include synonyms.
- Include spelling variations, no need for misspellings.
- Include abbreviations and alternate names.
- You can use all lower case.
- You don’t need punctuation, such as: “;”, “:”, “-“.
- Separate words with spaces.
- Don’t repeat words within the Search Terms field.
- Don’t include your brand or other brand names in Search Terms.
- Don’t include ASINs in Search Terms.
- No need for stop words such as “a,” “an,” “and,” “by,” “for,” “of,” “the,” “with,” and so on.
- Use singular or plural, no need for both.
- No temporary statements such as “new,” or “on sale now.”
- Don’t use subjective claims, such as “best,” “cheapest,” “amazing,” and so on.
- Don’t add abusive or offensive terms.